Saturday, March 17, 2012

Being married, being a wife

I know I've gotten lazy to write and really backdated with the reviews. I really have no excuse for it. But that's not the point. The focus today will be answering the question a lot of people ask. How does it feel being married? How does it feel being a wife?

I couldn't answer. Not in the first month after being married. A lot of things were going on. Deep dark issues that after the wedding was over I felt relief. I was still mourning for nenek, there were family to entertain that I don't have time to think. I didn't have time to be married, to be a wife. It was to please and entertain people. They were duties which I knew had to be done after getting married. Duties that were rooted in tradition. Something not easy for my husband to understand. And tackling making him understand was a chore itself. It was tough I tell ya. Settling in. Living together. Although he moved in with my family, it was still a tough situation.

Understanding his family which are totally different from mine. It was the complete opposite. It was hard adjusting to this difference and I am forever glad that my husband made the decision that we will stay with my family and never with his.

Now coming in to the third month of being married, I could answer those questions. Being married is wonderful after setting aside differences and setting a rhythm in things. I'm as demanding as ever. He spoils me  more. I cook. He eats. We do the housework and chores together. He's considerate. Its better. Now  I pray that this will last. Amin.

1 comment: