Monday, March 7, 2011

Marriage

A marriage is a union of two people. It may have started of with love but love do not just take marriage by its reins. We (me and fiance) have never been the impulsive types to fall on love. Hell, I take a long time to care for someone. I'm very suspicious of people in general and only a number of people (which I can count with my fingers) know me in and out. First impressions would probably put me as a stuck up bitch. Truth is, I'm more afraid showing myself to anybody. I don't like to be seen as weak. I think that is why we get along well together. He's sort of like that himself.

I always told myself that love is not forever. I cannot bring myself to say I love you everyday to my partner. I will  only say it when I truly meant it. Love is so precious to me. I believe that care or 'kasih sayang' is more important. Because that is for life. When you truly care for someone, only then you will think deeply about your actions. You want to try your best to make him happy and comfortable.

I see married couples around me, some younger, some older. Their marriage is falling apart and I wonder, what rocked the foundations of their marriage? It is truly sacred, making that decision to spend your whole life with the other. A huge decision. Does this person share the same outlook and future that I want? Would I want to build a family with him? Would he make a good husband and father to my children? Can he be a leader and lead my family? Is he responsible? Does he share my morals and values? Will he care for me as much as I care for him and more? The decision is not on the whim. It is not truly all based on love (but of course you need to love him).

We actually discuss all of this. He's not one to plan surprises and such. The more we shared, the more we see what a great fit we were for each other. Of course, we had our troubled moments. So one day, he just asked me outright. Marry him. And I can't help smiling. Everything was right. Everything felt right and I'm glad to have this wonderful man with me by side. They definitely don't make men like him anymore this generation. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment